Monday, August 25, 2014

Day One

As like thousands of other teacher across the US, today was our first day of school. It was different for me in a sense that I am no longer a Campus ITS, but instead a Digital Learning Coach. Basically what I will be doing is working together with teachers integrating technology into their lessons. It is different than my previous role due to the fact that I will be working closely with the teachers rather than the students.

Today during the first day of school, I was able to work with a few teachers introducing Class Dojo to their kiddos. If you aren't too sure what Class Dojo is, it it basically a web-based classroom management tool. I have been using it for the past few years and both teachers and students really enjoy it. Another tool that I introduced with the team was Remind (formally Remind 101.) Remind is basically a one-way parent notification system. Teacher can send a text message to parents when there are upcoming events

I will be posting frequently on this blog, so you can definitely look forward to great things to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment