Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Word Problems in Full Swing!

A few weeks back my First Grade teacher started on an endeavor to have students make word problems on their own, in stations. We first started out by having students color backgrounds / pictures on paper and from there drawing pictures going along with their theme. When we started doing this, we really enjoyed the final product, however, we noticed that the process was taking a little bit longer than expected. Wanting to make this activity a success, I found some really good deals on scrapbook paper and stickers at Hobby Lobby. Typically I never go into craft stores, but I wanted the students to go above and beyond on this!

Once I gave the materials back to the teacher, she taught her students how to duplicate, lasso, and group items in Explain Everything. Students then had to write out their own math sentence out and record themselves solving the problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment