Saturday, October 24, 2015

3rd 4th and 5th Graders Meet Makey Makey

This year at our school's Science / Technology Fair we added "Technology" to the list of things students can include in their project. We also purchased 3 "Makey Makey's" that can be used for the fair as well. I chose 3 students from 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade in which I formed a "Discovery Group." Basically this group will be the ones that create things with the Makey Makey. This past week these students were introduced to the Makey Makey. They watched a few resource videos in which they learned how to use it and how the connections work. Personally I had never used this device before so I was learning along with the students! My 4th and 5th grade students will be wearing a Go-Pro camera so that they can document their process. Unfortunately I didn't charge the Go-Pro for my 5th graders, but 4th grade was able to use it! Students made a "to do" list of things they need to complete within 4 weeks! I cannot wait to see what the students create!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment